Friday, December 28, 2007
1 TB capers
1 garlic clove, grated
1 ts olive oil
1/4 cp pinot grigio
1/2 ts agave nectar (for sweetness)
5 sea scallops, fresh, padded dry
1 tb butter
Sautee leeks in olive oil until slightly wilted. Add white wine, garlic, capers, salt and pepper, and agave nectar. Stir, and sautee until liquid is almost evaporated.
In another skillet, heat butter and sear scallops from both sides, 2 minutes each. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve scallops on bed of leeks. Enjoy!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Roast a chicken breast on the bone in the oven.
When roasted, take skin off, and slice breast meat into thin slices.
Roast on very hot grill with a mix of soy sauce and fresh grated ginger shortly.
One could add a bit of wasabi paste to the soy/ginger mix.
Serve with steamed rice and grilled summer squash.
Thursday, March 1, 2007
Spray a non-stick pan with olive oil spray.
Heat high, and add
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 oz of soy tempeh, cubed
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cp of cooked angel hair pasta
- dash of low-sodium soy sauce,
- 1 TB ff half and half.
- Heat up for 2 min, and then add 1/3 cp of low-sodium chicken stock. Let simmer for 10 min on medium heat until chicken stock is evaporated.
At the same time, spray another non-stick pan with olive oil and sautee 2 oz of fresh shitake mushroom for 4 min on high heat.
- Add the sauteed shitake mushroom to the angel hair/tempeh mix.
- Add salt and pepper,
- a dash of spicy chili sauce,
- a dash of teriyaki sauce. Mix well, and
- add one grated garlic clove.
Serve hot. The taste of the nutty tasting tempeh, the sweetness of the dash of half and half, the spice and fruitness of the pepper and the garlic are delicious.